Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The best 1/2 hr of my life (so far)!

It was today, but I was not allowed to identify myself until after court  - B came running up to me first then M later - not one other kid thought I was very interesting (until the bubbles and flash cards), so they are truly meant to be mine.  I just met another family who has siblings and live in  and her kids did the same, ran right up to them! meant to be :)
 
B is the little mommy and helped the little ones blow the bubbles and we did english flashcards while they were teaching me Amharic and laughing at me - the white girl.  They knew most of them, except the penguin :) and all could count to 10  - M is shy and quiet ( for now!). I only spent about 30 minutes there but will get them on Saturday after I meet their parents which is an overnight trip. It was amazing to hold them , if only for a few seconds.
 
I am getting over a stomach pain/flu thing that kept me up all last night ( you will thank me to skip THOSE details!) so I'm hunkering down with the movie channel , bubbly water and some delicious pasta from down the street - yummy
 
XOXOXO
*shirley, removed and abbreviated some thoughts.  When you arrive home you can repost. *smile*

1 comment:

  1. Shirley, I am so happy for you!!! It sounds like the girls were meant to be yours and already feel a connection to you. I'm so glad that this blog will allow me to follow along on your adventure! Praying that court goes well.

    ReplyDelete